Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

God Moves in a Mysterious Way

Published by Andrew Esping under on Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Of all the hymns that I love so dearly, William Cowper's "God Moves in a Mysterious Way" is my favorite.

Whenever I feel vexed, stressed or depressed, this song is one of the first places I go.

This hymn brings me great comfort for two reasons:

1:  It clearly demonstrates God's Almighty sovereignty and control over all things.

2:  It also displays the deep love and compassion our Lord shows His children in all that He does.

This is one of the few hymns I can play by memory on the piano, and I've spent a lot of time just sitting there....playing it over and over again.

Anyways, I posted the song below, enjoy!

3 Comments:

Caitlin said... @ September 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Is that you singing?

Andrew Esping said... @ September 27, 2010 at 5:19 PM

LOL. I'm afraid that is Mr. Gary Brumley singing. I WISH I could sing in that manner.

Molli said... @ September 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Lol!!! Andrew WISHES (wishes is a big word there) he could sing like that! That is a beautiful song.
I should video tape you playing this song on the piano and put it on youtube! :)

Your sis,
Shorty McShortcuff.
A.K.A
Molli

Post a Comment