Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

A Thankful Heart

Published by Andrew Esping under on Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ahhhh yes, its Thanksgiving again! I've always loved the good food, the wonderful time with the family and the old Esping thanksgiving tradition, shooting blue-rock. But the question I ask myself now is, am I thankful enough for all the blessings God has bestowed on me? I am faced with the obvious answer, no. I don't appreciate all the things God has given me, most of the time I take them for granite! God's Word says that we need to be thankful at all times, and I always fall short of that. Look at what the Bible says on this matter:


15And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. -Col 3:15


17I will give to the LORD the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High. -Ps. 7:17

1I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. -Ps, 9:1


20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, - Eph 5:20


These are just a very few that tell us to give thanks to God. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. And don't forget to give thanks to our Savior for all the blessings He gives us!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said... @ November 24, 2007 at 9:22 AM

...give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thess. 5:18)

Many christians are searching for the "will of God" for their life. However, He has revealed His will to us; we are to give thanks in all circumstances. Sadly, we live our lives very much like the Israelites in the wilderness - we are chronic complainers. May God incline our hearts to be thankful!

Give thanks to him; bless his name! (Psalm 100:4)

Soli Deo Gloria,
John

Andrew Esping said... @ November 26, 2007 at 4:08 PM

Amen! We so often complain about what we want, and ignore what God has already blessed us with!

Andrew

Post a Comment