Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Steadfastness.......

Published by Andrew Esping under on Wednesday, October 20, 2010
While driving home from the fantastic town of McPherson, I was thinking about the wonderful cup of coffee that awaited me at home, and going over my current memory verse, which is 2nd Peter 1.

I was pondering on verses 5-8:

2 Peter 1:5-8
5 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
ESV

While dwelling on the qualities mentioned here, I found that none of them aptly describe myself.  But above all, steadfastness is the quality that I lack the most. 

I'm so easily sidetracked and I have difficulty staying on course.  For instance, instead of pointing out my character flaws on my Blog, I should be studying for my history COOP.  

So, I'm going to put a stop to this right now........

My prayer is that God would withhold my fleshly tendencies and grant me grace so that I may be strengthened, through Him, in the area of steadfastness.  Knowing that if these qualities are mind, and are increasing, they shall keep me from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment