Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

Farm Boy or City Slicker

Published by Andrew Esping under on Saturday, February 03, 2007
As I mentioned in my profile I was born in the big city. Yes I was born in Denver Colorado and spent the first five years of my life in Aurora, a suburb of Denver. My Father was a pilot for "United Airlines" and my Mother worked for a home health care agencey. I will go into more detail about my parents later. My Dad's dream was to get out of Aurora and move to the family farm in central Kansas where my Dad had spent his childhood summers with his Grandma. When my Dad got an opportunity to get a job out of Wichita with "Cessna Aircraft" he jumped at the chance. God (as always) was watching out for us for a few years after we moved to Kansas "United Airlines" went bankrupt. It was May of 1998 when we moved to Kansas and my Dad's dream came true. We moved into the old farm house and got settled. We lived in the house until August of 1999. My parents had made the decision to completely redo the farm house. At first they had thought they would have the whole thing torn down and start from fresh. Fortunately, there were too many memories made in that house to do such a thing, so my parents got a contractor and we went to work to do a major make over. When we began to rebuild to house in 1999 I wasn't much help, in fact I was only six at the time. I got more in the way than did any help, I even fell through the place where the chimney had been! In February of 2000 we moved in our redone house. While the construction went on we needed a place to stay and my Grandparents opened their house to us. Again we saw the sovereign hand of God watching out for us.
We still live comfortably on our farm. My Father still works for Cessna where the Lord has blessed him with good co-workers and a boss who is a christian. My Mother is now a stay at home Mom and makes sure my sister and I stay out of mischief =S. I am so glad that I am being raised on a farm where things are always so peaceful even if the interstate is only one half a mile away =D. Being home schooled in the country gives me a feeling of being away from the rat race and a sense of comfort. I thank the Lord that he saw fit to have me in the country where I can be free, get an #1 education from my parents, learn to work hard and appreciate all the Lord has done for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous said... @ November 11, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Well written article.

Post a Comment