Sunrays

Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com

No Gold yet

Published by Andrew Esping under on Thursday, February 08, 2007
A couple of weeks ago the sewage company called to let us know it was time to pump out our septic tank. Our septic tank is buried in our front lawn and it fell to me to dig it out. We mark the lid to the septic tank with a flower bed and that way we don't have to dig up the whole yard. I will admit digging up the septic tank isn't my favorite thing to do in world ( if you can find some one who enjoys doing that he might need a psychiatrist). I can think of many things I'd rather do, but I have to remember that work is a gift given to us by God. God gave Adam and Eve the garden of Eden to work, tend and to make manifest the reign of our Lord Jesus Christ.
My Dad and I do alot of different work together. We have a good time and have great discussions while we work. Working gives me time to build a relationship with whoever I am working with and I really enjoy that. Most people rush through work and don't give it a second thought, to those people life doesn't have much meaning. True Christians work not just to get it done and move on but to praise the Lord for what he has given us.
I hope that more people can see that work is not a burden but a gift, and without that gift there wouldn't much to life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said... @ May 30, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Ha! I found you out.

Nice blog. Yes, digging is a good thing, especially if you have the mindset that plants will be springing up where you are digging very soon. That's how I look at the garden.

Septic tank? That's another story. I'll have to think about that one for a while.

Karisa

Andrew Esping said... @ August 3, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Considering it took me 3 days to find the lid of it XD.

Post a Comment